This article covers the interaction of Resource User with the Hippo database. It will show a User how to log into the Hippo database, find work orders and close work orders.
Resource: a maintenance tech
1. To log into the Hippo system, a User must have the following requirements:
Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari or Opera as the selected browser.
2. To login, a User must access the login page. There are 2 login pages. One is Canadian and the other is American
The next step to log into the Hippo is to enter in the User’s login credentials.
User ID: A User ID is specific to the User and will be provided by the organization System Admin.
Password: Default password is password.
Note: The User ID is not case sensitive but the password is. A User can also check the “Remember me for this computer” to store this information on a browser.
Once logged in, a User can change his/her password by accessing the Support and Feedback menu, and clicking on the “Change Password” link. Once “Change Password” has been clicked, the user will be prompted to enter the Current Password and New Password. A password must be 6 characters in length. A User can use numbers, letters and any special character, just ensure it is at least 6 characters long.
Find a Work Order
1. Work orders can be located at several places in Hippo. All work orders are located at a Facility Level, and using the Standard Dashboard is one option. At the Enterprise Screen after login, click on the name of a facility. Then, the Facility Name will appear in the top left corner of the screen after the Enterprise Name.
Click on the name of the work order found in the grid to open a work order.
2. A work order can also be found at the Facility Level of the Calendar Dashboard. Again, confirm the correct Facility level by checking the top left corner for the appropriate facility name. On the calendar, a User can hover a cursor directly over the name of the Work Order to see the details related to the work order. Click once on the name of the work order to open a work order.
3. Customers that are using HipPro+ version of the software can also find work orders from their Advanced Dashboard. Again, confirm the correct Facility level by checking the top left corner for the appropriate Facility Name. A work order can be located to the right of the facility screen. Click “Demand” or “PM”, and each panel will open showing a list of Work Orders. Click once on the name of the work order to open it.
4. Also, from the Advanced Dashboard, click on the “Floor Plan” link on the facility screen. Once on the Floor Plan, click on any “Equipment” or “Location” icon. A new window will appear containing information related to that icon. Click on the “Work Order ID #” to open a work order.
5. A User can also find a work order by using the “Find Work Order By ID” search panel if the work order ID of the work order that is being sought is known. Type in the work order ID number in the search field found in the top left corner of the screen. Then, click on the search (magnifying glass) and the work order will pop up.
Close a work order
To close a work order, first, open it. The first step will be to click on the “Status” field located in the top right corner of the work order form and change the status to Completed.
The second step is to log in the hours on the work order form. Click on the resource drop-down to view or add a resource name. Click on the +Add to open the Add Hours pop-up window.
The Start date and Hours fields are mandatory. Click in the Start date field to add the calendar date. A user can directly type in the number of hours or use the arrows to go up and down. Time is entered in decimal format. For example, .25 is equal to 15 minutes, .5 is equal to half an hour and 1 is equal to 1 hour. click on OK when both fields have been filled.
If this work order is a PM (Scheduled Work Order), a task list may be included. A User must mark all tasks complete to be able to close a work order. If all tasks are not marked complete, the “Comments” field becomes mandatory. A User must indicate the reason for not completing all tasks in the comments fields.
Once these fields are filled out, click on the “Save” button found at the very bottom of the work order form and the work order will be closed.